From Helminthic Therapy Wiki
Welcome to Helminthic Therapy Open Source Wikiwww.OpenSourceHelminthTherapy.org, forum.OpenSourceHelminthTherapy.org
Like its distant cousin Wikipedia, every page is editable. We welcome your participation. Register / Login
Helminthic Therapy > Links
- An Epidemic of Absence: A New Way of Understanding Allergies and Autoimmune Diseases
- The Hygiene Hypothesis and Darwinian Medicine (Progress in Inflammation Research)
- Wikipedia: Hookworm | Wikipedia: Necator Americanus | Wikipedia: H. Diminuta
- US Center for Disease Control: The hookworm lifecycle
- US National Institute of Health: Hookworm pages
- Hookworm infection in humans (human-infections.suite101.com)
- Hookworm: Ancylostoma duodenale and Necator americanus (www.stanford.edu/group/parasites)
- Public Forums associated with this Wiki
- Helminthic Therapy Users Discussion - A very active Facebook group with people who are using Helminthic Therapy.
- Helminthic Therapy - A Yahoo discussion group with over 1,100 members and more than 9,000 posts.
- Incubating Hookworm - A Yahoo discussion group for people providing their own therapy, not moderated as far as we know.
- Crohn's Disease forum - Has an active discussion about helminthic therapy.
- Foods Matter - Great website about allergy, food intolerance and sensitivity, and related health problems.
- Autoimmune Therapies Private Forum - Owned by a therapy provider who offers membership to anyone who can demonstrate that they are infected with hookworm, whipworm or are using TSO. To join contact Autoimmune Therapies.
- Healingwell.com Crohn's Disease forum - This has lots of discussion about helminths.
- http://crohns-disease.org.uk/forum/forum/m-1285269904/ - Another forum for Crohn's that has helminthic therapy threads.
Benefits can begin as early as 12-16 weeks. Some will take 12-18+ months to see any significant change. For some their illness may already be too advanced. Helminthic therapy is very new (started only late 2007) and is being used to treat a range of complaints. Thank you to all those who blog. Please keep it up. Your blogs are important. And please... keep a summary page.
If anything I hope these blogs help you to see that Helminthic Therapy is not a magic bullet, patients also need to work hard on diet & exercise, undergo operations, and suffer lots of set backs along the way (like the rest of us).
Ratings: Please don't read too much into these rating. They are an indicator only and can quickly date. Please read the blog to get a proper picture. Legend:
- ? = Don't know! May be too early to say.
- * = Seen some minor improvements. A work in progress.
- ** = Had some major wins along the way. Some setbacks.
- *** = Significant wins. Generally health has turned around.
- x = Not successful.
See also - Helminthic Therapy Success Stories - Over 200 accounts of success with more than 60 different conditions.
|2007-12-17||Debora||Waiting for the Cure||**||Treating Crohn's with whipworm & hookworm. A long struggle & mixed response to helminths.|
|2009-03-||John S||John's FoodsMatter.com Article||***||Treating severe immune dysfunction, food intolerance and fatigue with hookworm. A real success story.|
|2009-06-17||Marya||Necator Americanus Superfriend||?||Treating Crohn's with hookworm.|
|2009-09-09||Luke||lukECOLOGY||**||Treating Crohn's with hookworm. Some positive results.|
|2010-03-10||Will||Helminthic Boy||x||Attempted treatment of UC with whipworm. Had surgery to remove the colon. The end of worm therapy.|
|2010-03-10||Herbert||Helminthic.Therapy||***||Treating Crohn's with hookworm & whipworm. Spent a lot of time in full remission since using the worms.|
|2010-04-14||Michelle||Worms to my Rescue!||***||Treating immune dysfunction hookworm. Start with a massive 70 worm dose. Hard going but lots of improvements.|
|2010-06-20||Mike||Colon Comrades!||***||Treating Ulcerative Colitis with whipworm & hookworm. Mike says "A fabulous success".|
|2010-08-24||Rob||Bubble Boy gets a Worm Farm||***||Treating allergies, MCS, and a misfiring immune function with hookworm. Lost first batch of worms and started again.|
|2010-08-27||Isaac||Isaac and Crohns||***||Treating Crohn's with whipworm & hookworm.|
|2010-09-22||Lynne||Worms Are Forever||**||Treating various immune disorders with hookworm. Slow and steady improvement.|
|2010-09-22||Tim||HOOKWORM FOR CROHN'S||?||Treating Crohn's with hookworm.|
|2010-12-20||J||MY BLAHG||***||Treating allergies with hookworm. Documents J's trip across the border to WormTherapy (Mexico). Having many wins.|
|2011-01-06||Nancy||The UC UCChronicles||?||Treating Ulcerative Colitis with whipworm.|
|2011-01-27||John M||The Worm And I||?||Treating immune disorders with hookworm.|
|2011-03-16||Erin||It's a Worm's World||?||Treating allergies, sinusitis, and a misfiring immune function with hookworm.|
|2011-04-19||Jenna||Worm's Eye View||?||Treating Ulcerative Colitis with whipworm.|
|2011-05-18||Sandra||Helminthic Me||?||Treating immune dysfunction with hookworm and whipworm.|
|2011-04-25||Terry||Getting Healthier Now||?||Treating Ulcerative Colitis with whipworm and hookworm.|
|2011-05-05||JoAnn||Whipping Out Colitis||?||Treating Ulcerative Colitis with whipworm.|
|2011-05-28||Natale||I've got worms and so can you!||?||Treating Crohns with hookworm.|
|2011-06-22||Liz||As the Worm Turns||?||Treating eosinophilic esophagitis, sinus, and allergies.|
|2011-07-14||Josh||Helminthic Journey||?||Treating Crohns with whipworm.|
|2011-07-?||Organic Chef||Organic Chef||?||Treating food allergies, aspergers, gut inflammation.|
|2011-07-?||Thelma||Eosinophile||?||Treating fibromyalgia/ POTS/ CFD/ narcolepsy.|
|2011-08-?||Logan||Helminth Heroes||?||Treating food intolerances and allergies.|
|2012-01-16||Mike||Hookworm Diary||?||Treating asthma and allergies with hook worm.|
|2012-01-18||Rachel & her mum||Conquering Crohns||?||Treating crohns with hook worm.|
|2012-02-13||Adriano Facioli||Terapia Helmíntica||?||A blog in Portuguese - asthma and IBS|
|2012-03-06||Peter Kent||Live Forever or Die Trying||?||Treating hayfever, food allergies, eczema, with hookworms.|
- http://helminththerapy.blogspot.com/ - General blog on worm therapy.
- http://blog.autoimmunetherapies.com/gut_buddies/ - John S blog. Science-based information and comment on the worms, probiotics and other bugs that keep us well.
- http://www.newstarnutrition.com/?cat=4 - A blog describing treatment of Autism with TSO, hookworm and human whipworm.
- http://autismtso.com/research/the_science/ - Another blog describing helminthic therapy for autism along with a lot of research links.
- http://autoimmunenews.blogspot.com/ - Another blog.
- Helminthic Therapy Providers - A list of the main worm providers.
Other Related Sites
- http://www.parasites-film.com/main/helminthic-therapy/ - a collection of links regarding helminthic therapy on the documentary film's website
- http://cdiffsupport.com/ - The Clostridium Difficile support site. C. difficile is a bad actor in the gut and many probiotic therapies involve organisms that minimize the growth of this pathogen in the gut.
- http://probiotictherapy.com.au/ - a site dedicated to a therapy that involves other beneficial organisms
- http://www.helminthictherapy.com Some useful information, no "contact" page