From Helminthic Therapy Wiki
Welcome to Helminthic Therapy Open Source Wikiwww.OpenSourceHelminthTherapy.org, forum.OpenSourceHelminthTherapy.org
Like its distant cousin Wikipedia, every page is editable. We welcome your participation. Register / Login
Helminthic Therapy > Media
Helminth Therapy in the Media
- [http://www.amazon.com/Epidemic-Absence-Understanding-Allergies-Autoimmune/dp/1439199388/ An Epidemic of Absence by Moises Velasquez-Manoff
Podcasts & Radio
- NPR RadioLab: Parasites - 7-Sept-2009 1 hr Segment on Parasites.
TWIP Podcast: This Week in Parasitism A monthly netcast on parasites: Vincent Racaniello and Dickson Despommier, science Professors from Columbia University, deconstruct parasites...
- TWIP 20: The whipworm Trichuris trichiura - 15-Dec-2010 Continuing the discussion of nematodes with the whipworm Trichuris trichiura.
- TWIP 22: Hookworm - 9-Feb-2011 Discuss possibly the most socially and politically important nematode of humans, the hookworm Ancylostoma duodenale and Necator americanus.
- TWIP 23: Strongyloides sterocoralis, a most unusual parasite - 3-March-2011 Review the life cycle and pathogenesis of Strongyloides stercoralis.
Australian ABC Radio
- Australian ABC Radio: The Health Report - 13-June-2011 "Hookworm infestation and coeliac disease". Australian researcher Prof. Alex Loukas of James Cook University.
- Australian ABC Radio: Late Night Live - 27-Apr-2010 "A Hookworm Saved My Life" Phillip Adams interviews Jasper Lawrence.
- Australian ABC Radio: The World Today - 22-Oct-2009 "Worms get their hooks into coeliac sufferers" (Article and podcast regarding research in Australia)
TV & YouTube
- WBALTV March 22, 2010 - Worm Therapy (good report)
- WCBVTV May 23, 2010 - Short TV segment "Parasites May Cure Allergies"
- blog.HD.Net - "Food Allergies, A Creepy, Crawly Cure?"
- Fox House - Season 6, Episode 6: Teamwork
- YouTube - Video about Helminthic therapy produced by Asphelia Pharmaceuticals.
- Australia ABC TV - Catalyst TV segment on using Hookworms for Celiac Disease
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation - Project X: Immunotherapy using helminth infection with hookworms or whipworms (features Jasper Lawrence)
- Treating Psoriasis - Video of Garin treated his psoriasis with hookworm therapy.
Popular press and news articles - scientific press articles should go on the Studies page
- Men's Health The New (Ancient) Cure for Immune Disorders
- Wall Street Journal In a Squeaky-Clean World, a Worm Might Help Fight Disease
- Wall Street Journal Parasitic Worms May Offer Hope on MS
- The Smart Set / Drexel University Take two hookworm and see me in the morning
- The Scientist - Opening a Can of Worms - helminthic therapy for autism
- ScienceNews - Worming Your Way to Better Health
- The Evolution & Medicine Review - “The Biome Depletion Theory” - An excellent overview of the theory behind helminthic therapy
- Scientific American - For the Good of the Gut: Can Parasitic Worms Treat Autoimmune Diseases
- The Hindu (India) - When overzealous immune system is to blame
- Aol Health - Study: Swallowing Worms Soothed Man's Ulcerative Colitis
- ABC News - Good Morning America - Page includes a video on Crohn's Disease.
- MSNBC Body Odd - Have a gut problem? Try swallowing some worms
- The Boston Globe - Studies hint parasites can be good for you
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek - Worm Therapy Shows Promise for Ulcerative Colitis
- NPR - Eat Your Worms: The Upside Of Parasites
- CNN: Empowered Patient - Man finds extreme healing eating parasitic worms
- US News - Worm Therapy Shows Promise for Ulcerative Colitis
- Discover Magazine - A New Treatment for Bowel Problems: Eating 1,000 Parasitic Worm Eggs
- Discovery News - GOT ALLERGIES? TAKE A WORM
- AlterNet - Are We Killing Ourselves with Cleanliness?
- VegSource - Crohn's Disease - The Effect Of Diet, Vitamin D, And More
- Healthy Magination - What’s Triggering The Global Autoimmune Disease Epidemic?
- The New York Times - "The Worms Crawl In" (Scientist at Work, David Pritchard) by ELIZABETH SVOBODA, New York Times, July 1, 2008.
- Tufts University - The Joel Weinstock Lab: Helminth Theory - INFLAMMATION AND INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE
- MS Resource Centre - Endo-parasites & 'Helpful' Organisms
- TheScotsman.com April 03, 2010 LYNDSAY MOSS Medicines made from worms could cure asthma and arthritis
- Tufts Magazine - The Good Worms: Not all intestinal parasites are bad. In fact, some may be essential to a healthy immune system, a Tufts gastroenterologist argues
- The Scientists - New gut ecosystem model?
- EarthWormDigest.org - Worm Therapy: a New Treatment for IBD?
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek: A New Prescription: Parasite Eggs. Scientists test whether whipworms can fight autoimmune disorders
- Discover Magazine Blog: Are Hookworks the Next Claritin?
- The Guardian (UK): Gut instinct: the miracle of the parasitic hookworm
- Technology Review: Fighting Allergies by Mimicking Parasitic Worms
- Mercola: Take Control of Your Health - How Parasites Trick Your Immune System Into Health
- New York Times: The Worms Crawl In
- New York Times: Early Fevers May Lower Allergy Risk
- New York Times: The Worm Turns
- National Health Service Choices: Are worms key to health?
- Infection Research: Parasites and the hygiene hypothesis
- The Daily Telegraph (UK): Infecting patients with worms 'could hold key to treating asthma'
- Washington Post: Diseases Like Mine Are a Growing Hazard
- Scienceline: Why are food allergies on the rise?
- Washington Post: Immune Systems Increasingly On Attack
- The Boston Globe: His parasite theory stirs a revolution
- BBC: Parasites 'may help MS patients'
- BNet: Why We Need Germs
- Guardian Online: Scientists recruit worms for fight against asthma
- Science Daily: Could Stem Cells Be Used To Cure Crohn's Disease?
- Tufts University: The Good Worms
- Science Daily: Parasite Infection May Benefit Multiple Sclerosis Patients
- Slate: Which Dirt Should Your Baby Eat? Mapping how bugs and virus help children develop immunity.
- EBiology News: Blood-sucking hookworms may harbour asthma cure
- AsthmaUK: Gut parasites linked to reduced asthma risk
- LA Times
- MedPod 101 - Helminthic Therapy for Autoimmune Disease Interview with Jasper Lawrence, aimed at the professional healthcare worker, from med students, nurses, nurse practioners, doctors, specialists and researchers. Technical and dense. Look for the podcast titled "Helminthic Therapy for Autoimmune Disease".
- CBS News, Part II: Patients On Hookworm Therapy Swear By Treatment
- CBS News, Part I: Some Turn To Hookworms To Treat Ailments